1. Check your nuraphones and device are charged.
2. Make sure your nuraphones are on your head.
Your nuraphones turn on and enter Bluetooth pairing mode when they're on your head.
3. Remove all cables from your nuraphones.
You can’t connect your nuraphones with Bluetooth if there’s any cables connected.
4. Check your device’s Bluetooth is turned on.
5. Turn your device’s Bluetooth off and on, and then try pairing your nuraphones again.
6. Check you’re connecting to "nuraphone XXX", not “nuraphone XXX[LE]”.
7. If you’ve previously connected your nuraphones to your device with Bluetooth, remove your nuraphones from the paired device list and then pair again.
8. Move your nuraphones and device within 10 feet of each other
9. Move your nuraphones and device away from other Bluetooth devices, microwaves and wireless routers.
10. Restart your device.
Bluetooth is made for short distance transmissions, so audio can get a little blurred from time to time. But your nuraphones shouldn't be consistently stuttering when they’re connected with Bluetooth. If they are, can you please:
*To access “Advanced Settings”, you might have to “Enable Developer Options” in your Android device’s “Systems” tab.
Please see our connecting your nuraphones to other products guide.
If you’re receiving an error message on the nura app, you can check what it means.