If you need help connecting to your nuraphones to Bluetooth for your initial Personalisation, or it is no longer connecting follow these steps. After each step, see if you still need help.
1. Your nuraphones must be placed on your head for them to be turned on and in Bluetooth pairing mode
2. Ensure both the nuraphone and mobile device are charged
3. Make sure all cables are disconnected from your nuraphones.
Note: When you connect a cable it will disconnect your Bluetooth automatically.
4. Check you are not trying to connect to “nuraphone XXX [LE]”, this is your nuraphones Low Energy mode that will automatically link, to save battery whilst in Bluetooth mode.
5. Make sure no other device is paired to your nuraphone
Note: nuraphones automatically try to pair with any device they have previously connected to
6. Check for Updates
Make sure your nura app and nura firmware are up to the latest versions in the App store and Google Play. Make sure your mobile device is up to date with iOS 9.3+ or Android 5.1+ and have Bluetooth® 4 capabilities.
7. Make sure your mobile device’s Bluetooth is switched on in your Settings menu
8. Place both devices within 10 feet, or closer and move the nuraphone and your phone away from other Bluetooth devices, microwaves, wireless routers and other electronics
9. Try restarting your mobile device if your nuraphones ID is not showing in the Bluetooth menu
10. Try forgetting or deleting your nuraphone from your mobile device’s paired device list
Bluetooth® is a short-distance radio transmission, so from time to time audio can get a little blurred, use the tricks below to make sure you're getting the best possible connecting.
1. Try moving your phone closer to the right-hand ear cup of the nuraphone
Note: Put your phone in your front right side pocket or put your bag containing your mobile device on your right side
2. Place both devices within 10 feet, or closer
3. Move the nuraphone and your phone away from other Bluetooth devices, microwaves, wireless routers and other electronics
4. Go to sound settings on your device and select your nuraphone as the input/output device (Mac) or as the playback/recording device (PC)
5. Try pairing your nuraphone with your Bluetooth device again